[Geany-devel] SM r4968 bug - and more

Eugene Arshinov earshinov at xxxxx
Wed Jun 16 07:43:51 UTC 2010

On Tue, 15 Jun 2010 21:53:22 +0300%
Dimitar Zhekov <dimitar.zhekov at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 14 Jun 2010 08:53:14 +0400
> Eugene Arshinov <earshinov at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On Fri, 4 Jun 2010 21:58:09 +0400%
> > Eugene Arshinov <earshinov at gmail.com> wrote:
> >

> > I looked through the code, but did not find anything that could
> > cause the bug.  What happens if you leave SmcSetProperties() for
> > restart and clone commands uncommented, but comment out one of/both
> > sm_cmd_props() and sm_files_props() calls?
>
> It's sm_cmd_props(), in particular when run with --config.
> You should preserve alternate_configdir, like in my sm.

Well, actually I preserve it (see the code of sm_cmd_props() and
optentries_aux array in main.c).  The bug may be in
main.c:parse_command_line_options() where we simply assign
app->configdir = alternate_config.  And after that, in several places,
we use setptr() and g_free() on app->configdir…  Try to replace the
assignment in parse_command_line_options() with app->configdir =
g_strdup(alternate_config), maybe this will help.