[Geany-devel] Git switch

Nick Treleaven nick.treleaven at xxxxx
Tue Jun 15 15:42:56 UTC 2010

On Sun, 13 Jun 2010 14:22:05 +0200
Enrico Tröger <enrico.troeger at uvena.de> wrote:

> > > I'd like to second that.  And, while I use local Git repository
> > > for Geany, I'm completely happy with git-svn (and my separate SVN
> > > branch, of course :).
> >
> > I agree. Same here.
>
> Well, if Frank doesn't want to and Nick doesn't mind, we maybe can
> indeed save us the whole trouble of discussing about switching :).

To be honest, it would be some hassle for me to switch. I only have
experience using Git locally, no push/pull/branches. But that
experience was great, I like the tool.

So I think as Lex has suggested, that we shouldn't switch right now.
Maybe some time in the future. I don't have time ATM to
learn Git/investigate switching.

Also as regards sourceforge, I agree with Enrico that we want to stay
with them for now at least.

Regards,
Nick