[Geany-devel] Git switch

Chow Loong Jin hyperair at xxxxx
Sun Jun 13 21:31:20 UTC 2010

On Sun, 13 Jun 2010 23:18:45 +0200
Jiří Techet <techet at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Jun 13, 2010 at 14:38, Thomas Martitz
> <thomas.martitz at student.htw-berlin.de> wrote:
> > Am 13.06.2010 14:22, schrieb Enrico Tröger:
> >>
> >> Well, if Frank doesn't want to and Nick doesn't mind, we maybe can
> >> indeed save us the whole trouble of discussing about switching :).
> >>

> >> Btw, my personal opinion on switching or not doesn't count much at
> >> all. The amount of future commits by me will be very small.
> >>
> >> Regards,
> >> Enrico
> >>

> > What would switching actually involve? We could just take over the
> > git mirror which contains the svn history as well, so I expect the
> > actual switch to be little work.
>
> Tags and branches are missing in the git mirror. But it's easy to
> google out how to completely migrate the svn repository to git.

Below is a small bash script I found online sometime back for purposes
of migrating svn debian package repositories to git. It can be modified
(remove the "debian/" from git tag) for purposes of porting the tags
over.

#!/bin/bash

for branch in `git branch -r`; do
    if [ `echo $branch | egrep "tags/.+$"` ]; then
        version=`basename $branch`
        subject=`git log -1 --pretty=format:"%s" $branch`
        export GIT_COMMITTER_DATE=`git log -1 --pretty=format:"%ci" $branch`

        echo "Tag $version [Y/n]?"
        read yesno
        if [ -z $yesno ] || [ $yesno = "Y" ]; then
            git tag -s -f -m "$subject" "debian/$version" "$branch^"
            git branch -d -r $branch
        fi
    fi
done