[Geany-devel] Git switch

Thomas Martitz thomas.martitz at xxxxx
Sat Jun 12 14:33:30 UTC 2010

Hey,

so it looks like nobody is really opposed to a git switch and some
people would even prefer it (including me), I would like to suggest
having a brainstorm on how a switch could look like, and a final
decision whether to do the switch or not.

Some points to be considered:

1) I have generally good experience with repo.or.cz for hosting and I
like that it concentrates on the bare minimum, but there are other
hosters which could be considered. repo.or.cz also makes forking dead
simple.

- I think there's already a (or the) git mirror on repo.or.cz, I guess
that could be made writable and reused.

2) Git offers different ways of doing it. We could go for a more
svn-like management where certain people are allowed to push to a main
repo or we could do it like the linux kernel where a single person
manages the mainline and pulls from all the other guys.

3) move geany-plugins as well?

I would very much like to see the switch! git-svn is a large pain in the
arse.

Best regards.