[Geany-devel] Build config dialog change

Lex Trotman elextr at xxxxx
Sat Jun 12 05:44:06 UTC 2010

Hi Nick, Enrico, Jiri,

I have made a version of build such that In the build config dialogs,
that is both "set build commands" dialog and project properties tab:

1. settings being overridden from another source are insensitive
(current behaviour)
2. fields where the setting is set from another source but the source
edited by this dialog can override that setting is shown in grey (the
colour change is new)
3. when you enter a field (or click on the label button) the text
changes to normal colour to indicate that this source is now
controlling the setting (the colour change is new)
4. When a row is cleared the text returns to grey as the original
source is no longer being overridden (the colour change is new)

This changed the way the conditions to save the setting were calculated.

Because this is more than a trivial change I have committed it to the
unstable branch (and a second one to remove a debug printf oops) so
Nick/Enrico can check it to see if they are happy for it to go into
0.19 to help reduce the confusion.

@Jiri I hope this makes things clearer.

Also I had a "doh" moment about the manual, you don't have to look in
the doc directory, its in the help menu :-S

@Nick,
A second problem I have discovered along the way seems to have been
introduced by one of the changes to the translation handling that were
made recently.  Since I don't understand quite why the changes were
made I am not sure what to do and why it didn't appear previously.

To demonstrate the problem make yourself a new garbage project so as
to not change anything important, then using one of the blank menu
items, set a command but not a label, click ok.  See the "interesting"
menu item that results.  AFAIK this did not happen before.

Setting a command without a label is silly, but someone is bound to do
it :-) and the result is sorta startling, though not harmful.

Cheers
lex