[Geany-devel] [ANNOUNCE] gproject - yet another geany project plugin

Yura Siamashka yurand2 at xxxxx
Thu Jun 10 21:07:18 UTC 2010

On Thu, 10 Jun 2010 22:31:27 +0200
Jiří Techet <techet at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'd be happy if you tested it - you'd be the first one ;-).

I tested your plugin and I really liked it, nice job.

My geanyprj plugin idea about all project files located at the one basedir made bad joke of me.
Lately I have to work with lot of crazy code (SDK for different embedded boards). Here is sample structure.

/apps/my_app1
/apps/my_app2
/libs/common_lib
/huge_external_app_sources/kernel
/huge_external_app_sources/xorg

When I work on "my_app1" I want to be able to use tags for "my_app1" and "common_lib", but I can't do this with one basedir.

Since you have to manually open project in your plugin, I think it won't conflict with your plugin's ideology to make "basedir" as list as all other fields. So both "my_app1" and "common_lib" sources will be part of the project and big nasties as my_app2, kernel and xorg won't.

--
Yura Siamashka <yurand2 at gmail.com>