[Geany-devel] Broken plugin autofools (Was: [ANNOUNCE] gproject - yet another geany project plugin)

Chow Loong Jin hyperair at xxxxx
Thu Jun 10 06:23:16 UTC 2010

On Thu, 10 Jun 2010 11:16:53 +1000
Lex Trotman <elextr at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Chow,
>
> remembering that I'm AC_illiterate :) the problem seems to be that
> plugins configure where they install based on where geany's pkg-config
> says, ignoring what the --prefix option says.
>
> The --prefix should override the standard location

Ah yes, there was that issue. My intention was for it to use Geany's prefix,
simply because there really isn't a point in stuffing plugins where you don't
have a Geany installation. e.g. Geany in /usr, but geany-plugins at /usr/local
would cause some confusion. Hence, what was done was:

1. autodetect Geany's ${pkglibdir} and install plugins in there.
2. Allow manual specification of Geany's prefix by
--with-geany-prefix=/some/other/path

Come to think of it, I don't really remember why I wanted to use
--with-geany-prefix separately from --prefix. Perhaps --with-geany-prefix's
functionality should be shifted to --prefix instead. What do you think? That
should fix all your issues.

--
Kind regards,
Chow Loong Jin