[Geany-devel] "Non-filetype commands" - Re: [ANNOUNCE] gproject - yet another geany project plugin

Lex Trotman elextr at xxxxx
Thu Jun 10 00:19:26 UTC 2010

On 10 June 2010 02:04, Nick Treleaven <nick.treleaven at btinternet.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 9 Jun 2010 23:22:51 +1000
> Lex Trotman <elextr at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> The update to the build system is to support running any commands,
>> make,nmake,  waf, scons, cmake, ant, bjam, my_favourite_shell_script
>> etc so the "Non-filetype commands" can't be called "make commands"
>> anymore, and unfortunately the name "Build" has been appropriated for
>> link, other suggestions welcome though, but there aren't many commonly
>> understood terms about.
>
> I agree that Non-filetype commands is not a great term. I would prefer
> "Global" or "General" commands, even if less specific, it's fairly
> clear and less tortuous.

Well global, to me, means the system files, which it does not change.
I thought General was too general, but if most agree that it makes
sense I am happy to change it.