[Geany-devel] "Non-filetype commands" - Re: [ANNOUNCE] gproject - yet another geany project plugin

Nick Treleaven nick.treleaven at xxxxx
Wed Jun 9 16:04:38 UTC 2010

On Wed, 9 Jun 2010 23:22:51 +1000
Lex Trotman <elextr at gmail.com> wrote:

> The update to the build system is to support running any commands,
> make,nmake,  waf, scons, cmake, ant, bjam, my_favourite_shell_script
> etc so the "Non-filetype commands" can't be called "make commands"
> anymore, and unfortunately the name "Build" has been appropriated for
> link, other suggestions welcome though, but there aren't many commonly
> understood terms about.

I agree that Non-filetype commands is not a great term. I would prefer
"Global" or "General" commands, even if less specific, it's fairly
clear and less tortuous.

Regards,
Nick