[Geany-devel] GIO

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Sun Jun 6 17:33:43 UTC 2010

On Sat, 05 Jun 2010 09:10:41 -0500, Brad wrote:

Hey,

> The only reason I ask is that it (seems to) solve the GVfs bug issues
> at least after I applied Алексей's patch and for me that is really a

Which patch exactly?

> I was following the other "Safe file saving - permissions issue"
> thread but it I couldn't tell if a decision had been reached, and it
> covered a few other topics.

Well, I think for the medium-term, we should use GIO completely for
file IO. But this would mean we would need to adjust a lot of code (in
Geany), we would need to find a solution for the tagmanager (which
does low-level file IO on the files) and probably change the plugin
API. And last but not least, we would need to bump to GTK version
requirement from 2.8 to 2.12, better 2.14.

But once done, the other problems are probably less critical or solved
indirectly.

For now, I would like to fix the various you guys had but currently
it's hard for me as GVfs doesn't work for me at all though this is
probably only a local problem with my setup.

So, if anyone has any clue, feel free to share it :).

As said in another mail, the planned release is delayed a bit, so we
could fix this in time, probably.