[Geany-devel] SM r4968 bug - and more

Dimitar Zhekov dimitar.zhekov at xxxxx
Sat Jun 5 07:17:32 UTC 2010

On Fri, 4 Jun 2010 21:58:09 +0400
Eugene Arshinov <earshinov at gmail.com> wrote:

> > > Well, in addition to removing the check I will have to forbid
> > > reading file list from config when an instance is started by
> > > session manager. Not too hard, though.
> >
> > Yes, a --no-session will do. You should mark it as non-persistent
> > anyway, otherwise a geany once started with --no-session will come
> > empty (no files open) each time the session is restored.
> >

> Hm, I don't understand the last point.  Why will no-session'ed
> instances come empty if their files are passed via command-line?  My
> original thought was not using --no-session, but simply don't load
> files from config if --libsm-client-id is passed.

My mistake, I mixed my sm with the current and the proposed behaviour
of yours. A reproduced --no-session will clear the file list only if
you leave a main session to be restored with Geany session management
facilities. Once you change that, and prevent loading files from
config, --no-session will be persistable and meaningless.

--
E-gards: Jimmy