[Geany-devel] multiple instance save-settings - Re: Race condition when saving geany.conf

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Thu Jun 3 11:47:58 UTC 2010

On Sun, 30 May 2010 22:43:54 +0400, Eugene wrote:

> > > (this is also a reply to Dimitar)
> > >
> > > Well, then it's not a big deal to only save_dialog_prefs() after
> > > the Preferences dialog is closed and save everything but dialog
> > > prefs (UI prefs, session etc.) on exit. That is logical and will
> > > solve the problem.
> >
> > Sounds ok to me. But I didn't have a look at the code to find maybe
> > some potential problems with such a change.
> >

> Okay.  Just for clarity, the discussion about this topic has moved to
> a new thread <http://lists.uvena.de/geany-devel/2010-May/002358.html>.
> Dimitar and Lex have already posted there some patches.

Oops, sorry.
I still didn't manage to follow the thread. It's currently way too
time-consuming and also, as you know, I'm not such a big fan of this
multiple instance stuff anyway. Geany was never meant to work like this.
Anyway, I'll concentrate on the upcoming release for now and read and
reply in the mentioned thread later (hopefully still this weekend).