[Geany-devel] Adding an R parser

Jon Senior jon at xxxxx
Fri Feb 19 11:14:33 UTC 2010

On Fri, 19 Feb 2010 21:25:38 +1100
Lex Trotman <elextr at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thats because sum is listed as a keyword in Geanys filetypes.r file.
> Someone who is knowledgeable in R should have a look and check the
> filetypes.r file and submit a patch.

OK. I've got a basic patch for that. I've not gone through the whole
packages list, but I've removed everything that's not syntax ("if",
"then", "else", etc.) from the primary list. I've had a look at the
scintilla code, but I'm not sure about it. It seems to correctly
include "." as part of a word, but then later excludes it (If I'm
reading the code correctly). I'll try playing with a little later since
my efforts thus far haven't changed anything.

I think I need a better understanding of what Scintilla is doing before
I can properly debug that one.

Should I send the geany patch to the mailing list or just put it in the
tracker? And should I open a new issue in the tracker, or add it to my
R-Parser patch that's already there?

Jon