[Geany-devel] POLL: Mark developers names on plugins translateable Yes/No

Yura Siamashka yurand2 at xxxxx
Mon Dec 27 20:25:24 UTC 2010

On Mon, 27 Dec 2010 01:30:38 +0100
Frank Lanitz <frank at frank.uvena.de> wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> During review of German translation of Geany-Plugins I found a number
> of author's names marked as translatable. I don't see any big reason
> for doing this as most likely (and from my current point of view in all
> cases) it's just a copy & paste task when doing the translation.
> Therefor I suggest to don't mark author's names as a translatable at
> all. What do you think about?

I vote to left them translatable, copy paste is simple enough, but if language uses different set of characters (for example cyrillic), English names can look weird. On other hand I don't know how to spell correctly most of the names so I leave them English.

--
Yura Siamashka <yurand2 at gmail.com>