[Geany-devel] POLL: Mark developers names on plugins translateable Yes/No

Liviu Andronic landronimirc at xxxxx
Mon Dec 27 21:42:06 UTC 2010

On Mon, Dec 27, 2010 at 9:25 PM, Yura Siamashka <yurand2 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I vote to left them translatable, copy paste is simple enough, but if language uses different set of characters (for example cyrillic), English names can look weird. On other hand I don't know how to spell correctly most of the names so I leave them English.

I agree that we should take into consideration names originally
spelled in non-latin characters. What about the following arrangement:
- leave names non-translatable
- in case of non-latin names, make string as follows:
'original_spelling (latin_spelling)'. For example, in the case of
Adrian, the string would look like 'Адриан Димитров (Adrian Dimitrov)'

What do you think?
Liviu