[Geany-devel] Moving the VTE terminal to the Sidebar

Liviu Andronic landronimirc at xxxxx
Fri Dec 17 09:21:26 UTC 2010

Hey

On Thu, Dec 16, 2010 at 11:43 PM, Matthew Brush <matthewbrush at gmail.com> wrote:
> I've dropped Autohell in favour of a simple Makefile.  Just do 'make' and
> then (as root) 'make install'.  Use 'make install PREFIX=/usr' (or whatever
> prefix) if you don't want it in /usr/local.

It works! Now I have test whether my netbook screen is long enough for
such usage. It's clearly not high enough for 'normal' vte placement.

> If there's still a problem, make an issue on the github project because I
> feel as though I've caused too much noise on the mailing list with issues
> that aren't related to Geany/Plugins.

It actually does concern a Geany plug-in. :) Any chance that sideterm
would make the official list of geany-plugins?

> I'm on the IRC channel quite often
> also.
>
> I appreciate your testing this out, sorry about the build system.

Thanks for working on this.

> To all, can anyone recommend a simple, cross-platform, build system?

I am not sure how simple it is, but I know several projects that
switched to waf. [1] I think it's worth exploring.

Regards
Liviu

[1] http://code.google.com/p/waf/