[Geany-devel] What's the point of compiling geany without regex support?

Nick Treleaven nick.treleaven at xxxxx
Wed Aug 25 11:46:45 UTC 2010

On Mon, 16 Aug 2010 17:02:45 +0100
Nick Treleaven <nick.treleaven at btinternet.com> wrote:

> > The Waf based build system builds with the shipped mini implementation
> > if the --enable-gnu-regex option is given.
> > Otherwise it checks whether the system provides something usable and
> > uses this and if not, it uses the shipped variant.
> >
> > If this doesn't work similar for the autotools, it's probably a bug.
>
> I think configure.ac needs to be fixed to do this.

I've done this now but I'm not sure how to test it works when the
system doesn't provide regex.

> Then we can remove all #ifdef HAVE_REGCOMP lines (in fact we should
> probably remove them anyway).

Now done for src, left checks in tagmanager.

Regards,
Nick