[Geany-devel] When is the scintilla component going to be updated?

Jiří Techet techet at xxxxx
Wed Aug 11 11:09:40 UTC 2010

On Wed, Aug 11, 2010 at 11:56, Erik de Castro Lopo
<mle+tools at mega-nerd.com> wrote:
> Frank Lanitz wrote:
>
>> Applying a patch is the smallest issue here as with a wellformed patch
>> its only something like patch -p0 < some_patch. Reviewing a patch and
>> testing etc. cannot be solved by any VCS.
>
> No, but if Jiří generates a patch and applies it to his tree and
> I pull the same patch into my tree and we both run it for a week,
> and vouch for it the the core devs probably shouldn't need to do
> as much testing.

You can do this already - I forgot to mention that the patches are
available here:

http://gitorious.org/~techy/geany/gproject-geany

under the for_review2 branch (the latest patches are missing though).
I "own" the geany project at gitorious and update it from time to time
so you can make your clone of it and use as a repository for your
patches. The problem is that I have to keep the repository project up
to date with geany's official repository manually (and I haven't done
this for some time now). I don't know how the geany's git mirror is
created but isn't there some way to push the changes to gitorious
automatically as well? Having an up to date mirror at gitorious (or
somewhere else) where you can have your own clones with patches should
satisfy most users for now.

Jiri