[Geany-devel] In-memory tagmanager parsing

jordan phosphor at xxxxx
Tue Apr 20 15:48:30 UTC 2010

On 04/20/2010 10:45 AM, Colomban Wendling wrote:
> Nick Treleaven a écrit :
>
>> On Tue, 20 Apr 2010 10:10:33 -0400
>> jordan <phosphor at primus.ca> wrote:
>>

>>> How does Monodevelop handle it's tag manager as unlike Anjuta and Geany
>>> the tags always point to the correct line?
>>>
>> IDEs reparse the tags from memory in idle time.
>>
> Yeah, but it means that they can. Then the question is: what Monodevelop
> use then to do so? An enhanced version of CTags, a completely other
> thing or what?
> (if nobody knows, I'll perhaps take a look at the code later)

Had a quick look and it looks to me like Monodevelop may use a temporary
file with the current buffer.  It does use CTags though, however the
code for the most part is sparsely commented.  However it looks as  if
it creates a new  thread and  ctags is run against the tmp file
containing the buffer and then the output parsed.

looks like relevant files are in
monodevelop-2.2.2/src/addins/CBinding/Parser.

-Jordan