[Geany-devel] Crash on Geany r4171 during pushing F5 for viewing LaTeX/PDF with evince

Frank Lanitz frank at xxxxx
Thu Sep 10 19:52:54 UTC 2009

On Thu, 10 Sep 2009 20:45:32 +0200
Frank Lanitz <frank at frank.uvena.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm afraid I can reproduce a crash on Geany probably related to new
> build system. When I have a file called cv_c.tex open and want to look
> at the PDF created from I push F5 (or use the menu enry for) for the
> first time the VTE appears with some weird (and different) letters
> inside. After pushing F5 or the menu item again Geany is crashing with
> bt I've uploaded to http://nopaste.geany.org/p/m15e5927a as well as
> attached to this mail with m15e5927a.txt. Also it appears that this is
> not related to the file name as I was able to reproduce it with the
> build in LaTeX template of Geany. Or just take this as a minimal
> example:
>
> \documentclass[a4paper]{article}
> \usepackage[T1]{fontenc}
> \usepackage[utf8]{inputenc}
> \usepackage{lmodern}
> \begin{document}
> Lorem ipsum
> \end{document}
>
> When starting geany with option to be more verbose I'm getting
>
> (geany:8493): Vte-WARNING **: Error (Invalid or incomplete multibyte
> or wide character) converting data for child, dropping.
> inside command line.
>
> I've attached my geany.conf and filetypes.latex file.

I did some further testing and found some connection to option
skip_run_script=true. If I set it to skip_run_script=false its working
without any issues.

Cheers,
Frank
--