[Geany-devel] [geanygdb plugin] Crash with "X Window System error" when deactivating

Dominic Hopf dmaphy at xxxxx
Wed Sep 2 17:23:47 UTC 2009

Am Mittwoch, den 02.09.2009, 21:00 +0400 schrieb Eugene Arshinov:
> Hi there.
>
> When I open Geany, go to plugin manager, activate geanygdb plugin and
> deactivate it immediately, geany crashes reporting the following:
>
> -------------------- 8< --------------------
>
> The program 'geany' received an X Window System error.
> This probably reflects a bug in the program.
> The error was 'BadWindow (invalid Window parameter)'.
>   (Details: serial 10169 error_code 3 request_code 3 minor_code 0)
>   (Note to programmers: normally, X errors are reported asynchronously;
>    that is, you will receive the error a while after causing it.
>    To debug your program, run it with the --sync command line
>    option to change this behavior. You can then get a meaningful
>    backtrace from your debugger if you break on the gdk_x_error() function.)
>
> -------------------- 8< --------------------
>
> Same thing happens when I just activate the plugin and exit Geany. It
> crashes at exit with the same message (except "serial", which is
> different every time).
>
> This time I could not debug and find the error. Hmm... should I post
> this to the bug tracker then?

Yes, would be very nice if you could post such issues to the bug
tracker. This is a better TODO-List for me than a mail archive.. ;)

Anyway, thanks so far for testing GeanyGDB and detecting this issue.

Regards,
Dominic

--
Dominic Hopf <dmaphy at gmail.com>

http://dominichopf.de/

Key Fingerprint:
A7DF C4FC 07AE 4DDC 5CA0 BD93 AAB0 6019 CA7D 868D