[Geany-devel] Creating ~/.config/geany/filedefs/filetypes.* files - Re: ANN: Configurable build beta in trunk

Nick Treleaven nick.treleaven at xxxxx
Tue Sep 1 14:37:51 UTC 2009

On Tue, 1 Sep 2009 17:22:51 +1000
Lex Trotman <elextr at gmail.com> wrote:

> > I just noticed that all user filetypes files are always created and
> > saved, just by quitting Geany. The previous behaviour was to only
> > create/save a filetypes file if the user had pressed OK in the
> > Build Commands dialog *for that filetype*. Could this be implemented?
>
> Yes.  I think it should be, but its mildly non-trivial.
>
> It would require extra fields in GeanyFiletypesPrivate (? and
> GeanyFiletype ?) to record if any of the regexes are changed so that
> writting of the file can be prevented only if the regex isn't changed.
>  And the dialogs need additions to set them.

That's not necessary IMO - surely if the dialog is never shown or
Cancel is pressed, nothing is changed? We could just set a private flag
for the filetype if OK was clicked.

Regards,
Nick