[Geany-devel] Creating ~/.config/geany/filedefs/filetypes.* files - Re: ANN: Configurable build beta in trunk

Lex Trotman elextr at xxxxx
Tue Sep 1 07:22:51 UTC 2009

2009/9/1 Nick Treleaven <nick.treleaven at btinternet.com>:
> Hi,
> I just noticed that all user filetypes files are always created and
> saved, just by quitting Geany. The previous behaviour was to only
> create/save a filetypes file if the user had pressed OK in the
> Build Commands dialog *for that filetype*. Could this be implemented?

Yes.  I think it should be, but its mildly non-trivial.

It would require extra fields in GeanyFiletypesPrivate (? and
GeanyFiletype ?) to record if any of the regexes are changed so that
writting of the file can be prevented only if the regex isn't changed.
 And the dialogs need additions to set them.

Then some way is needed for build_save_command_grp to signal if it
wrote or removed any fields (current return is written only, not
removal & needs to stay that) so that build_save_command can return if
anything is changed to the places that write the config file so that
they know if they need to write the file or not.

I'm probably busy for the next few days, do it later this week.