[Geany-devel] Build system glitches

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Thu Oct 15 18:14:20 UTC 2009

On Tue, 13 Oct 2009 11:27:31 +1100, Lex wrote:

>The problem is that can_compile and can_build have been combined into
>one, so for python it is wrong because it has a compile but no build.
>I had tried to copy the logic from the old build_menu_update and
>can_compile and can_build *seemed* to be the same tests so I used the
>same value.
>
>Clearly they should be different.  Fixed in SVN.

Thanks.

>BTW should the set sensitive for widgets.compile_action, build_action
>and run_action be protected from NULL or do the actions always exist?

No worries, the actions always exist. It's only the actual widgets
which only exist if the toolbar is visible and the widgets get
destroyed/recreated sometimes when removed/added from/to the toolbar.
To make it short, the actions always exist even if the toolbar isn't
visible at all, so they are saved to be used.