[Geany-devel] Trying to make a Guile Scheme lexer

Nick Treleaven nick.treleaven at xxxxx
Thu Nov 5 16:28:38 UTC 2009

On Thu, 05 Nov 2009 16:40:46 +0100
Roberto Rosetti <rob.rosetti at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm trying to hack geany (0.18, for the moment) with a custom
> LexScheme.cxx scintilla lexer,
> build specifically for GNU Guile Scheme.

I don't know scheme, but make sure you've seen the Lisp scintilla lexer.

> I'm in trouble at the moment for a curious seg-fault I get loading an
> *.scm file

Would a gdb backtrace help?

> I'm wondering how to insert some debugging code in the lexer module,
> where as the good old fprintf(stderr, ..)
> dont work at all. Can't include the geany_debug() function in the lexer
> module, right?

I don't know Scintilla lexer code, but have you tried C++ std::cout?

You should probably ask on the scintilla mailing list.

Regards,
Nick