[Geany-devel] ANN: Configurable Build Menu Alpha in SVN

Thomas Martitz thomas.martitz at xxxxx
Sat Jul 11 15:18:47 UTC 2009

Lex Trotman schrieb:
> Hi All,
>
> The first alpha release of a version of Geany with flexible
> configuration of the Build Menu is available in the build-system
> branch of svn,
>  https://geany.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/geany/branches/build-system/

Great work! That's a thing I'm really missing for Geany.

I'm digging in a bit. The dialog looks good already, but I think it
lacks a important field: Working directory for the command.

It should be obvious, that for many projects, the source files are
structured, so that having the working dir default to the dir where the
source file is located doesn't work. And the base directory of a project
also doesn't always work.

I'm looking at the code in the hope I can add it. It's a bit hard for me
to read the code, it lacks comments and structure here and there, but I
hope I'll find my way.