[Geany-devel] ANN: Configurable Build Menu Alpha in SVN
elextr at xxxxx
Thu Jul 9 07:25:33 UTC 2009
The first alpha release of a version of Geany with flexible configuration of
the Build Menu is available in the build-system branch of svn,
This release is still under active development (see Known Bugs, Limits and
Incomplete below) and is released to allow consideration of the
functionality and how it might impact/assist other Geany activity.
Some of the highlights are: (see the Build Menu section in the manual for
the gory details)
- Both build menu labels and commands are configurable
- Configuration sourced from project if open, preferences, filetypes,
defaults (in that order)
- The maximum number of items in each section of the build menu is
- Unused items are hidden
- New configuration dialog in the build menu (for preferences configuration
source) and the project dialog (for project configuration source)
- By default the build menu should operate the same as the old Geany.
- New build configuration is in a new section in each config file and won't
interact with settings used by older Geany versions, but will use the old
settings if no new ones are available.
Examples of potential capabilities that need to be considered for Geany
- Now that labels are configurable, should interpreted languages have the
compile and build labels configured to something more appropriate
- If so, labels read from the system filetypes.xxx files are locale
sensitive iaw the GKeyFile specification, but how do the translations get
- Can any languages benefit from extra or differing menu items?
Known Bugs, Limits and Incomplete (in no particular order)
- Latex doesn't work yet, all the hard coded functionality has been removed
but the filetype hasn't been updated to configure it back.
- Only one execute command is currently supported/working
- Dialog entries in preferences and project, for settings that are replaced
by the new dialogs, have not been removed yet, but they probably do nothing
- Error regex setting field in the new dialog does nothing yet
- Not compiled at all on windows
- Very limited testing so far (C/C++ filetypes only)
- Sections of the manual other than build menu have not been changed, eg
file formats, hidden settings any sections that reference build menu etc
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Devel