[Geany-devel] intltool usage question

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Sat Aug 29 10:16:37 UTC 2009

On Fri, 28 Aug 2009 12:16:11 +1000, Lex wrote:

>Sorry guys, don't use it as is, the Python config parser removes
>comments from the config file, not what we want, back to the drawing
>board.

Before you spend too much time on this:
do we really need this?
do we really want this?

I'm still not too happy about this as it adds some overhead for a
rather small effort.

I think Nick suggested this earlier:

why don't we simply put the defaul labels somewhere into src/build.c so
that intltool grabs them as usual. And then when reading the labels
from the config file, we simply pass them through gettext() to get them
translated automatically. If I don't miss anything obvious, this should
have the same result but without the need for an external script.
The only drawback with this effort is that we have the English labels
itself twice (one in src/build.c, one in the config file) but since
they probably won't change much at all it might be not such a big issue.