[Geany-devel] ANN: Configurable build beta in trunk

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Wed Aug 26 21:05:23 UTC 2009

On Wed, 26 Aug 2009 18:43:52 +0100, Nick wrote:

>On Tue, 25 Aug 2009 14:35:54 +1000
>Lex Trotman <elextr at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> This is a significant change which provides considerable flexibility
>> for configuring the operation of the build menu.  Please read the
>> manual for the new capabilities ;-) including hidden settings.
>> Let us know of any other problems, or good things too of course :-)
>
>I've been using the new build code today, I like the extra
>configurability, thanks Lex (and Thomas) :)
>
>I noticed some things though:
>
>1. Make keybindings don't work properly. The Make All keybinding seems
>to run the Compile command (e.g. for C source files). The Make Object
>keybinding doesn't do anything at all.
>
>2. I think the current working directory should be used by default for
>Make Object, not the project directory - presumably that doesn't work
>even for a non-recursive makefile as the relative path isn't there. (I
>mean for source files in a subdirectory from the project base path).
>This would preserve pre-merge behaviour.

Additionally, the Run command behaviour has changed:
it uses something different as working directory as before. In my
"geany" project, I set
_build_/default/geany -v -c ...
as Run command and this was executed in the project's base directory
before, now I get a file not found error, so it is obviously using
something different. After I set %p in the build settings as working
directory it worked, but for consistency with the pre-merge behaviour,
this should be default (for projects).