[Geany-devel] ANN: Configurable build beta in trunk

Nick Treleaven nick.treleaven at xxxxx
Wed Aug 26 17:43:52 UTC 2009

On Tue, 25 Aug 2009 14:35:54 +1000
Lex Trotman <elextr at gmail.com> wrote:

> This is a significant change which provides considerable flexibility
> for configuring the operation of the build menu.  Please read the
> manual for the new capabilities ;-) including hidden settings.
> Let us know of any other problems, or good things too of course :-)

I've been using the new build code today, I like the extra
configurability, thanks Lex (and Thomas) :)

I noticed some things though:

1. Make keybindings don't work properly. The Make All keybinding seems
to run the Compile command (e.g. for C source files). The Make Object
keybinding doesn't do anything at all.

2. I think the current working directory should be used by default for
Make Object, not the project directory - presumably that doesn't work
even for a non-recursive makefile as the relative path isn't there. (I
mean for source files in a subdirectory from the project base path).
This would preserve pre-merge behaviour.

3. My Compile keybinding is set to F8, but the menu accelerator doesn't
seem to get set. The other build KB accels seem to be there OK.

Regards,
Nick