[Geany-devel] Patch for Markdown syntax support.

Jon Strait jstrait at xxxxx
Mon Aug 24 21:15:59 UTC 2009

Nick Treleaven wrote:
> On Thu, 20 Aug 2009 15:54:44 -0700
> Jon Strait <jstrait at moonloop.net> wrote:
>

>>> But because we update Scintilla regularly we try to push modifications
>>> upstream; can you try to get the Scintilla changes into the standard
>>> Scintilla release please?
>>>
>> I sent a patch for Scintilla to the project lead.
>>

> OK, thanks, did he say he'll commit it then?

Yes.  I'm having to make several small changes regarding the warnings
and the liscesing which you will see on a future update.
>> Some extra warnings
>> were thrown on my code when building for Scintilla, which were quite
>> nice to have, and I don't remember seeing them when I built for Geany.
>>

> Not sure how to enable warnings by default for gcc/g++ in a portable
> way, but I'm no autotools guru.
>
> Regards,
> Nick
>
> P.S. Thanks also for the filetypes file, I'll commit that soon.

Adding these warning options to the AM_CXXFLAGS line for the Makefile.am
in the scintilla/ directory, should give the same mix of warnings that
the Scintilla build will:

-Wall -Wno-missing-braces -Wno-char-subscripts -pedantic

I'm thinking it might make sense to have these warnings thrown for the
scintilla/ make, if most new code created in there is destined for
Scintilla.

Cheers,
Jon