[Geany-devel] Build-system merge

Nick Treleaven nick.treleaven at xxxxx
Mon Aug 24 15:31:36 UTC 2009

On Thu, 20 Aug 2009 12:05:12 +0100
Nick Treleaven <nick.treleaven at btinternet.com> wrote:

> > I have been told to not believe the documentation that says that you
> > can use any old working copy lying around.
>
> I've never had any problems.
>
> > And you don't want to have anyone committing to trunk whilst you are doing it
> >
> >  If you like I can do it since I'm in the opposite time zone from you
> > (UTC+10) so no one is committing while i'm awake. :-)
>
> I'll do it. I may make some changes to the branch first.

Sorry for the delay. I've made the changes I wanted before merging. I
just tried the merge and it seemed to go OK except there were some
conflicts - so actually if you don't mind doing it, please go ahead.

I'm not sure why there are conflicts.

Regards,
Nick

P.S. I'm sorry that creating the branch with an old svn version seemed
to cause the earlier corruption you saw, but I don't really see why they
can't fix this in a newer version rather than tell older client users to
upgrade. Obviously there wouldn't be the merge info, but it certainly
shouldn't cause corruption IMO.