[Geany-devel] ANN: Configurable Build Menu Alpha in SVN

Thomas Martitz thomas.martitz at xxxxx
Mon Aug 17 03:02:14 UTC 2009

Lex Trotman schrieb:
>>> It may not be the users build script, for example, have you checked
>>> fully what Geany's make does??? I havn't even looked at it :-)
>>>

>> For those we can make sure it doesn't harm to kill those. Otherwise I
>> consider this as an actual bug in Geany.
>>

> Sorry, I'm not quite sure I understand your comment, I'm sure you are
> not saying its a bug in Geany if a users build script behaves badly??

You were the one referring to Geany's built-in default commands, so was I.

Btw, you just said it yourself. Of course Geany isn't on fault if a user
script is damaged, the author of the script is. That's what I'm saying
the whole time. That's why we can blame the user for it's scripts.

>> That's like not implementing system calls in a operating system. Just
>> because one can write harmful software using system calls?
>>

> Yeah but system calls arn't available at user level.

Anyone can call system calls in every program no matter of the level.