[Geany-devel] Geany Plugin with Libxml

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Wed Aug 12 16:58:06 UTC 2009

On Wed, 12 Aug 2009 09:59:33 +0200, Frank wrote:

>> Are there some (strict) limitations ? Probably I'll only commit
>> files for my plugin but...
>
>No real restriction, but we try to only commit changes direct to
>plugins we are maintaining personal. In every other case we usually
>sending patches to maintainer of the plugin.

Usually there is just no need to commit changes into foreign code. And
based on experience, in most cases it's better to discuss the changes
with the maintainer before and let him make the final decision whether
or not to apply the changes. Often maintainer know their code better
and maybe have a different point of view in fixing or extending the
code.
So, talking to the maintainer and sending in a patch should be
the way to go in the first place, usually.