[Geany-devel] Geany Plugin with Libxml

Frank Lanitz frank at xxxxx
Wed Aug 12 07:59:33 UTC 2009

Hi,

On Wed, 12 Aug 2009 00:25:07 +0200
Cédric Tabin <tabin.cedric at gmail.com> wrote:

> It's me again :-) I just have some questions about committing on
> Sourceforge. Is there any convention into messages ?

No real convention. I like to add the plugin name I've done something
on to my commit message whereas others don't do so. Just try to be
clear inside message so "Some minor update" might not the best choice.

> May we commit as much as we want ?

This was under discussion before. You will need to find a compromise
between the extremes: Its not useful to commit every singe linge change
but a commit including 20 new features as well as 10 bug fixes is
also not a too good idea. Usually we try to commit one feature with one
commit but this is depending on the feature and other environmental
parameters. Bigger features might be useful to develop inside an
special branch.

> Are there some (strict) limitations ? Probably I'll only commit
> files for my plugin but...

No real restriction, but we try to only commit changes direct to
plugins we are maintaining personal. In every other case we usually
sending patches to maintainer of the plugin.

Regards,
Frank