[Geany-devel] Geany Plugin with Libxml

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Sun Aug 9 20:18:19 UTC 2009

On Sun, 9 Aug 2009 18:37:34 +0200, Cédric wrote:

>Hi Enrico,
>
>Thanks for your advices. Since I don't develop pretty much in C, I
>don't know the geany-standards very well. I'll correct that :-) For
>formatting the current selection there are two technical problems I
>see :
>- The selected text must be a valid XML (from start node to its closing
>tag).
>- How do I get the depth of the selected node ?

Ah ok, I didn't think of these two problems. It also was just an idea,
no need to implement this if it isn't easily possible.

In addition to Philipp's suggestion about writing an own parser, GLib
also has a simple XML parser builtin. Not sure whether it is suitable
for your needs but maybe it's worth having a look, then you could also
ditch the external dependency on libxml.
But again, just an idea.

>I just sent you a request to join the geany project on sourceforge.

Handled, added and confirmed to you via PM :).