[Geany-devel] Tab close buttons

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Sat Nov 29 12:41:43 UTC 2008

On Thu, 27 Nov 2008 23:46:02 +0100, Colomban Wendling
<ban-ubuntu at club-internet.fr> wrote:

>Colomban Wendling a écrit :
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I worked a little with close tab buttons, and I've made a little
>> widget (based on gnome-terminal's code) and a demo.
>>
>> The default behaviour is the same as gnome-terminal.
>> A try could be to remove the +2 at line 112 of geanyclosetabbutton.c
>> to reduce tab height and get back some tab's top decorations with
>> some themes. In the other hand, then border of the icon could cross
>> the button's border.
>> Next thing is to try this under Windows. If any of you could easily
>> compile and test it under Windows, do it, please.
>>
>> Any comment? If you think it is a good solution, I can try to make a
>> patch to use it or a derivate in Geany.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Colomban
>>

>I've tried my demo under Windows (XP), and it works well, no cropping
>with both default and Windows GTK+ themes.
>But if I remove the +2's the images are cropped (but lesser than with
>0.15). Finally, the tabs are 2 pixel taller than 0.15 ones with +2's
>and had the same height than 0.15 without.
>
>I think it is a reasonable compromise between tab height and
>portability.

Yes. For me this is fine. I just committed some changes based on your
code. Tested Linux with GTK 2.14 with the Human theme (this
one which is included in Debian) and with my own theme based on some
Clearlooks theme. Also tested on Windows 2000 with GTK 2.14 and the
Windows theme, bundled with GTK.
And everything looks fine now. I hope it will also work for Nick and
others.

(I made the changes in src/notebook.c, I think there is no need (yet)
to subclass GtkButton.)