[Geany-devel] Tab close buttons

Colomban Wendling ban-ubuntu at xxxxx
Thu Nov 27 22:46:02 UTC 2008

Colomban Wendling a écrit :
> Hi all,
>
> I worked a little with close tab buttons, and I've made a little widget
> (based on gnome-terminal's code) and a demo.
>
> The default behaviour is the same as gnome-terminal.
> A try could be to remove the +2 at line 112 of geanyclosetabbutton.c to
> reduce tab height and get back some tab's top decorations with some
> themes. In the other hand, then border of the icon could cross the
> button's border.
> Next thing is to try this under Windows. If any of you could easily
> compile and test it under Windows, do it, please.
>
> Any comment? If you think it is a good solution, I can try to make a
> patch to use it or a derivate in Geany.
>
> Regards,
> Colomban

I've tried my demo under Windows (XP), and it works well, no cropping
with both default and Windows GTK+ themes.
But if I remove the +2's the images are cropped (but lesser than with 0.15).
Finally, the tabs are 2 pixel taller than 0.15 ones with +2's and had
the same height than 0.15 without.

I think it is a reasonable compromise between tab height and portability.

Regards,
Colomban

PS: I can't try with Windows Vista. If anyone tries with it, let me know
what it is about.