[Geany-devel] Search for specials tags isnide document by plugin

Frank Lanitz frank at xxxxx
Mon Nov 24 22:00:56 UTC 2008

On Mon, 24 Nov 2008 19:51:38 +0100
Frank Lanitz <frank at frank.uvena.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm currently thinking of implementing a better support for the insert
> reference functionality of geanylatex plugin. Goal is, to parse the
> whole document inclusive all of included files for \label{} commands
> that are not out commended or else wise not active and offering
> theminside the dialog for fast access without looking up each one
> again and again.
>
> For doing this, I've got three possible start points I'm not
> sure, which is the best one ;)
>
> 1. Trying to parse LaTeX-meta files that are generated during the
> latex run. This would cause to compile a document before make complete
> usage of the feature
> 2. Implement a own function that is parsing each document for \label{}
> is calling recursively for each file that in included with \include{}
> or \input{}.
> 3. Doing something similar like in 2, but using of Geany's tagmanager,
> which will save the time to implement a complete new logic for
> deciding whether a label shell be used, but will cause the biggest
> system load IMHO.
>
> So what do you think about?

I think I decided on my own ;)
I will take the way using the aux-files I guess. This will give me the
advantage to have some more information (e.g. chapter/section, page) as
well as a nice form without parsing the whole document again and again
which will take some time in case of huge document. Now I only
need somebody who will implement this ;)

Cheers
Frank

--
http://frank.uvena.de/en/