[Geany-devel] YAML syntax highlighting support

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Sun Nov 23 15:24:09 UTC 2008

On Fri, 21 Nov 2008 21:30:12 +0400, "Walery Studennikov"
<despairr at gmail.com> wrote:

>Hi.
>
>I wish to add syntax highlighting support for YAML
>and I've performed some effort in this area.
>Here is the patch with my try.
>But highlighting still doesn't work.
>What have I missed? Please, help ;)

See the attached patch for a more complete version. You missed basic
changes in src/highlighting.c.

Please note that the attached patch is made from GIT, so you need to
apply it with:
patch -p1 < /path/to/geany_yaml_v2.patch

And it's probably easier to revert your local changes before to prevent
merge conflicts.

Should we add YAML to Geany?
I'm not sure whether it is widely used and so whether it's reasonable
to add yet another filetype for it.