[Geany-devel] build command variants Re: C/C++ Header filetypes / templates

Nick Treleaven nick.treleaven at xxxxx
Mon Nov 17 17:19:15 UTC 2008

On Fri, 14 Nov 2008 12:00:54 +1100
"Lex Trotman" <elextr at gmail.com> wrote:

> Nick didn't want special case code in the program, but we could find

Not sure I actually said that, maybe implied it. I was arguing against
adding header filetypes.

> a magic way of choosing between two sets of commands for C and C++ so
> it will at least work correctly from the end user point of view.  It
> still requires much of the code and configuration that my last
> proposal had.

I haven't looked at this, but is this likely to be needed as a general
feature?

In another email I just sent I suggest just having an extra command to
compile headers for a filetype/project. I think this is simpler and
still gets the job done.

Regards,
Nick