[Geany-devel] Committed Project Build Commands to build-system branch

Nick Treleaven nick.treleaven at xxxxx
Mon Nov 10 17:46:46 UTC 2008

On Mon, 10 Nov 2008 18:08:09 +0100
Enrico Tröger <enrico.troeger at uvena.de> wrote:

> >compile that does a syntax check, since I seem to spend as long
> >getting compile errors out of headers as I do bodies, making them
> >compile before I use them would be helpful.  This of course requires
> >different commands for C++ and C so they need to be different
> >filetypes.
>
> Wow, is it really necessary to be able to compile header files? I
> don't see the advantage as you get the same compiler errors and
> warning in header files when compiling one of the source files which
> include them.

Maybe the user can use Make Object to compile header files, or (if
implemented) an extra filetype command, not the C compile
command, which should be for source files by default.

I don't think we should add C/C++ header filetypes just to avoid
implementing extra filetype command support. This would apply for other
filetypes too.

Regards,
Nick