[Geany-devel] Vala file type & co

Colomban Wendling ban-ubuntu at xxxxx
Wed Nov 5 21:44:33 UTC 2008

Nick Treleaven a écrit :
>> The main leak is I've not written a custom tag list.
>> What is not perfect:
>>  * Interfaces are shown as "Structs/Typedefs";
>>  * Properties are shown as Members (hack in code because properties
>> are not shown at all);
>>  * Signals are handled as simple functions. This is not really
>> annoying, but it may be better to have separate tag list.
>> And Exception types are shown as named enums, but this don't hurt me;
>> should it?
>>

> It should be quite easy for us to make these changes for the symbol
> list.

Cool :)
But signals needs hacking in the tagmanager I've not done for now. They
are handled as functions because their syntax is close to function
declarations.
For the properties, just uncomment line 2699 in c.c (of the updated
patch joined) and remove the next two.
> We sometimes make mistakes, and some bugs can only be found after much
> testing. No one's perfect ;-) Probably it's less buggy than using the
> C# filetype for vala files (this was just a workaround).
True for both… but reach perfection is the goal, no? :-P

I join a small update of the patch:
 * removed commented code used for my tests
 * added *.vapi to  the supported extensions

Regards,
Colomban

PS:
I see the last commit message and it remember me to ask: what is the
indentation in c.c? 'Seems to be an heterogeneous mixing of Tabs&Spaces
of 4&8 and tabs of 4… Needs review?