[Geany-devel] Persistency

Stephan Aßmus superstippi at xxxxx
Mon Dec 15 20:53:43 UTC 2008

Am Montag, den 15.12.2008, 21:04 +0100 schrieb Enrico Tröger:
> On Mon, 15 Dec 2008 18:26:28 +0100, Stephan Aßmus <superstippi at gmx.de>
> wrote:
>
> >Am Montag, den 15.12.2008, 17:14 +0000 schrieb Nick Treleaven:

> >> As I said, Geany core projects* don't know anything about build
> >> systems. AFAICT you could use geany projects to record session
> >> files, cursor positions, etc. Just try it.
> >
> >So basically, I would create a new "core project" and manually add all
> >my files to it? And then I would have to manually sync the
> >CMakeLists.txt and the project. Otherwise I don't see the benefit over
>
> Adding files to a project in Geany doesn't add a relation between the
> files and project, files in a project in Geany is just an extended way
> of session management, i.e. Geany will re-open all files you had opened
> when the project was opened last time.
>
> >using Geany as I do know, where it simply remembers the files I had
> >opened the last time I run it.
>
> Plus things like 'make in basepath' and a per-project run command.
> Further features are to come, namely per-project properties like
> template data and some editor prefs like indentation. But this still
> needs to be discussed, designed and finally implemented.

Ok, thanks for clearing that up. It's not useful for me, though, since
neither will "make" work in the "basepath" of my project, nor will a
single run command do me good, since the project has very many different
sub-targets and I could want to run any of them at any time.

At least the embedded Terminal is saving me some screen real-estate.
Would be nice to be able to attach more than one of them. Also, I
noticed a bug with that Terminal: If I "svn commit" from within it, I
have "nano" set as SVN_EDITOR. The keyboard shortcuts inside nano do not
work in the embedded Terminal, and there is actually no way to get out
of nano.

Best regards,
-Stephan