[Geany-devel] Persistency

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Mon Dec 15 20:04:47 UTC 2008

On Mon, 15 Dec 2008 18:26:28 +0100, Stephan Aßmus <superstippi at gmx.de>
wrote:

>Am Montag, den 15.12.2008, 17:14 +0000 schrieb Nick Treleaven:

>> > Well, if I can somehow use our existing top-level CMakeLists.txt
>> > and treat it as project in Geany, I am all ears! :-) Or, in
>> > another words, how would you go about it?
>>
>> As I said, Geany core projects* don't know anything about build
>> systems. AFAICT you could use geany projects to record session
>> files, cursor positions, etc. Just try it.
>
>So basically, I would create a new "core project" and manually add all
>my files to it? And then I would have to manually sync the
>CMakeLists.txt and the project. Otherwise I don't see the benefit over

Adding files to a project in Geany doesn't add a relation between the
files and project, files in a project in Geany is just an extended way
of session management, i.e. Geany will re-open all files you had opened
when the project was opened last time.

>using Geany as I do know, where it simply remembers the files I had
>opened the last time I run it.

Plus things like 'make in basepath' and a per-project run command.
Further features are to come, namely per-project properties like
template data and some editor prefs like indentation. But this still
needs to be discussed, designed and finally implemented.