[Geany-Users] Feature request: "Open all" (after "Find in files")

Lex Trotman elextr at xxxxx
Fri Sep 12 11:43:19 UTC 2014

On 12 September 2014 21:23, Nick Treleaven
<nick.treleaven at btinternet.com> wrote:
> On 12/09/2014 09:38, Matthew Brush wrote:
>>
>> At least for my use, I actually want the files all open in Geany, then
>> maybe I'll do individual replace-in-file for each file or other edits on
>> each file that contains matches. Just modifying some unknown group of
>> potentially open or closed files en masse without any control or seeing
>> the results wouldn't be very useful for the mentioned use-case,
>> especially where the step #3 isn't a "replace-in-session" operation.
>

> Me too, for the same reason. From a terminal I use:
>
> grep blah -l |xargs geany -i &

Neat trick, I'll use that :)

> but it would be much nicer to use Find in Files then e.g. right click the
> Messages pane and choose Open All.

Agree the right click menu is the right place, my concern was having a
menu item that only applied when the message window was visible with
suitable contents.

Could also apply to any message window contents that recognise
filenames not just FIF results. As I said above if its automated it
doesn't matter if the file occurs several times since the open code
already has the checks to prevent opening multiple times.