[Geany-Users] Feature request: "Open all" (after "Find in files")

Nick Treleaven nick.treleaven at xxxxx
Fri Sep 12 11:23:13 UTC 2014

On 12/09/2014 09:38, Matthew Brush wrote:
> At least for my use, I actually want the files all open in Geany, then
> maybe I'll do individual replace-in-file for each file or other edits on
> each file that contains matches. Just modifying some unknown group of
> potentially open or closed files en masse without any control or seeing
> the results wouldn't be very useful for the mentioned use-case,
> especially where the step #3 isn't a "replace-in-session" operation.

Me too, for the same reason. From a terminal I use:

grep blah -l |xargs geany -i &

but it would be much nicer to use Find in Files then e.g. right click
the Messages pane and choose Open All.