[Geany] Further info:

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Wed Jan 13 19:40:51 UTC 2010

On Wed, 13 Jan 2010 10:42:02 +0100, Frank wrote:

Hi,

>> Build spellcheck
>>
>> run /usr/local/bin/geany -v
>>
>> ** INFO: Geany 0.18, GTK+ 2.14.7, GLib 2.18.4
>> ** INFO: Can't load plugin: /usr/local/lib/geany/spellcheck.so:
>> undefined symbol: gtk_menu_item_set_label
>
>This symbol is only available since GTK 2.16. I assume this may be
>caused by spellcheck/src/gui.c:466 n current svn version of plugin.

Well, this was a bug in the old 0.4 release and has been fixed shortly
afterwards.
The following releases, at this time already included in the combined
geany-plugins package, had the fix for this bug.

Sherwood, I suggest to use the combined geany-plugins release,
available at http://plugins.geany.org/geany-plugins/ which has a
spellcheck version included with the proper fix (be sure to use the
release 0.17.1 not 0.18 as this requires Geany 0.18 or update your
Geany too).

Alternatively, if you don't want to or can't update, you can use the
following fix:
http://geany-plugins.svn.sf.net/viewvc/geany-plugins/trunk/geany-plugins/spellcheck/src/gui.c?r1=697&r2=792&view=patch

Sorry for the inconvenience.