[Geany] Scintilla 1.75 (Filetype Support and more)

Taylor Venable taylor at xxxxx
Tue Jan 29 20:04:46 UTC 2008

The latest version of Scintilla has many more filetypes supported than
the version currently used by Geany.  It's not that hard to port Geany
over to using Scintilla 1.75 (I was able to do it this afternoon in
about half-an-hour after poking around).  This doesn't provide the
filetype information used by Geany (e.g. colors, keyword list, etc as
defined in filetype.lang) to do the syntax highlighting, but it does
put the lexer framework in place, and such information can easily be
obtained, maybe from SciTE or the language specification or any other
text editor.  If I'm right about this, it shouldn't be too hard to add
a lot of new languages at once to Geany.  Then again, I'm new to Geany's
internals, so please correct me if I'm wrong.

Scintilla 1.75 also offers several other improvements.  I myself am
partial to the fact that it can render indentation guides over blank
lines.  Does it seem like a good idea to move to this newer version of
Scintilla after the 0.13 release?

--
Taylor Venable            http://real.metasyntax.net:2357/

foldr = lambda f, i, l: (len(l) == 1 and [f(l[0], i)] or
                         [f(l[0], foldr(f, i, l[1:]))])[0]