[Geany] incremental search backward revisited

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Tue Jan 29 16:38:02 UTC 2008

On Sun, 27 Jan 2008 23:16:54 -0500, "John Gabriele" <jmg3000 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> I think that the point of having ISB (incremental search backward) is
> providing lightning-fast document navigation via the keyboard. But I
> suspect that Enrico wants the editor to be newbie-friendly too
> (though, I notice that the About page on the Geany site does not
> mention user-friendliness as a goal). So, even though some users may
Because I assumed it's a mater of course that applications with a
graphical user interface (hmm, generally every application) should aim
to be user-friendly. So I just didn't mention it but it is indeed a
goal ;-).

> only care about getting a key-binding assigned to a working ISB
> function, it's probably got to look nice as well for Enrico and the
> gang to "ok" it.
Sure better to have the feature at least as a keybinding than missing
it completely.